Precision manufacturing is vital to the aerospace industry. More stringent quality controls and new regulations require the highest standards of production at all stages. Aerospace industry businesses work hard to ensure they meet all requirements while continuing to manufacture aircraft on time and according to tight specifications.
The aerospace industry relies heavily on machinists’ ability to produce hundreds of parts of all sizes. Those designed for jet engines must come from high quality and durable materials and fit perfectly into complex designs. This is exactly why precision manufacturing is considered the aerospace industry’s secret ingredient.
Precision manufacturing and engineering involves designing, developing, and measuring hundreds of different parts and systems. They include processes that require high accuracy levels such as dynamic modeling, diamond turning, computer-aided design (CAD), and scanning tunneling microscopy. These precision manufacturing techniques are key to helping aerospace industry players expand and remain competitive.
Aerospace Manufacturers Need Precision Manufacturing Tools
Here are some of the reasons why aerospace manufacturers need precision manufacturing tools:
- Greatly reduces human error. These machining processes have almost completely eliminated human error in automated precision manufacturing. They have significantly lowered error rates and the chances for mistakes to be made, while increasing accuracy and of course, productivity.
- Less waste. Every manufacturing process in every industry leaves behind some kind of waste. Precision manufacturing significantly reduces waste because the machinery makes few, if any, errors. Once errors are corrected, fewer materials are thrown away.
- Enhanced quality. Precision manufacturing has greatly improved techniques for fastening and drilling. The latest CNC/EDM advancements in aerospace engineering technology raise production quality to meet exacting size and shape specifications. The parts are high in quality and capable of holding tight tolerances of +/-0.002.
- Saves costs and time. Precision engineering tools produce parts on time and within budget because they automate the assembly process, which significantly lowers production turnaround times compared to manual processes. This can save aerospace manufacturers thousands of dollars and dramatically reduce the time for products to go to market. Finally, EDM and CNC allow aerospace manufacturers to accept large, complex projects and deliver high-quality, accurate products.
Options for Precision Manufacturing
Before you purchase select a precision manufacturing system, be sure to consider these factors:
- Type and size of the components produced
- Maintenance costs
- Design specification
- Machine capacity and productivity
- Clean-up costs
You can purchase or outsource operations to EDM machining specialists or centers.
About Micropulse West and Working with a Reliable EDM Vendor
Micropulse West is a leading aerospace manufacturing specialist that delivers the highest quality and most advanced EDM/CNC solutions and services. Here is a short list of our capabilities:
- Wire EDM
- Small Hole EDM
- Sinker/RAM EDM
- Surface grinding
- CNC Router
- CNC Machining
- CNC Lathe
- Professional support, maintenance, and training
We are committed to assisting clients in the aerospace manufacturing field reach their efficiency goals while adhering to mandated regulations. We also extend our services to the automotive, retail, military, medical and electronic industries to help them gain a competitive edge over their competitors. Contact us today to discuss your manufacturing needs!